Book Haul kasi last day ng NBS sale. Wala nako pera huehue but sabi nga ni Cols, “absof-inglutely worth it”. Woot complete nako ng Hades Trilogy and The Kane Chronicles. (Thanks ulet Ninong Alvond :bd)
"We change at least one person’s life just by being born."
Done reading Before Ever After. Ganda at heartbreaking at the same time. Shelley and Max feels. Thanks sa nagsuggest (Kuya Drew) at sa nagbigay nung book (Iya, Jeil, Mimi) :D. Sorry Mimi, 2 out of 3 ung pumili nung quote e :)).
I’m not even gonna wait until September ends before i write something about Silver Shadows.
1. Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead
Why I Read It: I’ve always loved Vampire Academy/Bloodlines. It was the first series that I read that isn’t Harry Potter/Twilight. I love Rose so much, and now I love Sydney too. I ship Adrian and Sydney so much. More than I did with Dimitri and Rose. OR maybe i equally like them.
Cover: I love the cover. It’s simple but it’s Sydrian. Though Adrian could have been more handsome.
Rating: 5/5!!! <3
- Sydney Sage - she’s just so strong. I feel bad for what happened to her, but she survived.
- Adrian Ivashkov - he lost his way for a way, but found a way back for Sydney. Much feels.
- Rose & Dimitri - they helped Sydney and Adrian.
- Alchemists (Mainly the ones in the re-education faculty) + Jared Sage + Zoe Sage - They’re just so ugh. Stupid. Annoying. Bitches.
- Sydrian - much feels. Oh God. This book just so. <3
- “Until now, you have always lived your life alone. Every decision you’ve made has been for you and you alone. Now, and for the rest of your days, your life will be tied to another’s. Every decision you make will be for both of you. What one does affects the other. You are a family, a team … inseparable and unbreakable.”
I love this book so much. Well, i love this series too much. I just. I can’t. It’s so hard to share the feels when you don’t have any close friends that reads a book you love. Just like this. Damn it. Enough about me, the book is very awesome. I think this is the one i love the most in the bloodlines series. It has too much feels. So romantic. And of course, so traumatic for Sydney. Stupid re-education process. That’s not re-education. That’s torture. Stupid alchemists and their way. I love Sydney and how she kept strong all throughout that hard time, and even though she was suffering she still helped others. While Adrian, yeah, the part with Nina kinda sucks but he had the decency to stop things so yeah, he really loves Sydney. I truly hate Zoe & Jared Sage. On the other hand, i like Carly Sage. I don’t want to spoil anything so yeah that’s it. BUT THE ENDING. OH GOD. WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE A CLIFFHANGER. AND THE NEXT BOOK IS STILL MONTHS AWAY. MY HEART. But yeah, that’s it. Awesome. Love it.
While Reading the Book: (Stop, spoilers, kinda)
- NO PLEASE. NOT ADRIAN NO. - Too much Adrian suspense.
- Christian! Oh my. <3
- When Adrian answered that he never loves halfheartedly, i kept thinking, “Is he a family member of the Herondales?”
- I kept waiting if Abe Mazur would show up and help them.
- I kept waiting for everything to fall apart.
- I kept waiting when the fighting would end.
- I love that Dimitri and Rose helped Adrian and Sydney.
- HA! In your face, Nathan Ivashkov. Good riddance.
- What Sydney said to Ian was perf. “Ivashkov”. MWAHAHA.
- The perks of being the nephew of Queen Tatiana/Royal.
- The wedding. Oh God. Much perfect.
- THE ENDING SUPER UGH. WHY WHY. I was like, “THIS IS THE END!?”
I was planning not to look at him. My mind wanted him out but my heart keeps betraying me. I keep trying to avoid him in the hopes that my feelings would go away. But I knew that it was only a matter of time before I see him again.
I thought it would be safe. That he would have gone out in the other exit. I was wrong. I was surprised to see that he was at the door I was waiting at. He looked at me, and smiled. Nothing felt more heartbreaking than that. To top it off, he even asked me something, just one question. Yet hearing his voice made me want to cry. It was the first time he talked to me for months. It really is true that the person who can make you happy can also be the person that makes you sad.